CycleCityWest works with governments, community and the private sector to improve opportunities for cycling.
In keeping with this goal we are currently working with the City of Brimbank to construct a community bike park that will make Melbourne’s west a key destination for cycling enthusiast. The facilities being proposed at Ardeer will fill a gap in the provision of competitive and recreational cycling facilities in Melbourne. The following facilities are being proposed:
- A one kilometre long and eight metre wide criterium circuit
- A small single track cross country Mountain Bike circuit
- A recreation or competition BMX track
- Dirt jumps/pump track
- A cycling education centre made from shipping containers
- Significant tree planting
- Rehabilitation and extension of remnant grassland.
The estimated costs for the implementation of the draft Master Plan is about $4.6million. Funding will be raised through Ride West our community fun rides and sought from State and Federal agencies and other key stakeholders in order to proceed with the project. More information about this community initiative is available here.